Angioplasty, also knows as Percutaneous Transluminal Coronary Angioplasty, is a procedure used to widen blocked or narrowed coronary arteries (the main blood vessels supplying the heart).
Care to take post your procedure is as follows:
- Most people go home the day after the procedure. They are able to walk the day after the PCI procedure.
- Follow up with your doctor once every 3 months and then once every year.
- Take the medicines prescribed regularly. These medicines will prevent bloods clots from forming.
- Lifestyle changes include changing your diet, quitting smoking, being physically active, loosing weight or maintaining a healthy weight, and reducing stress.
- Routine Blood
- Lipid Profile
- Blood Pressure and Physical Examination
- Stress Test
- 2D Echo if required by your cardiologist.
Finally eat healthy and stay stress free.